My Bible study today was in Proverbs 11 with the key verse being 11:7 ~ "Hopes placed in mortals die with them; all the promise of their power comes to nothing." Hopping around blogs and reading my CCM magazine, I found lots of notable quotes that will sustain me throughout this coming year.
"The way to love someone is to gently run your finger across the surface of their soul and when you find a crack, pour love into it." ~ Keith Miller
There is nothing in our life to make Christ love us any more than he does!!!
"Bring your doubts, bring your fears | Bring your hurt, bring your tears | There'll be no condemnation here | You are holy, righteous and redeemed." ~ MercyMe song lyrics
"Our joy is to surrender to God." ~ Chad Mattson (Unspoken)
God is present. God is forever. God is for You, to give you strength and to make you brave.
Ending with, and carrying this all throughout this year -- John 3:30 "He must increase, but I must decrease."
No resolutions for me this year -- just the following list of things I will attempt to accomplish with God's help:
- Saving instead of spending irresponsibly
- Waking up at least 30 minutes earlier every day to spend time in prayer and reading the Word
- To NOT eat the whole box of Oreo cookies, just have one (204.7 ... going down!)
- Forgiveness, letting go of resentment and anger
- Taking the stairs instead of an elevator (walk at least 7,000 steps per day)
- Being accountable